Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Monday, February 6, 2012

Keaggy Plays Rich Mullins' Hold Me Jesus

I was watching this video of Phil Keaggy singing one of my favorite songs I have covered in the past, HOLD ME JESUS.  This guy can play, although the video isn't always really clear.  Still you can get a sense of his technique.  It appears he has removed the steel strings and installed nylon/classical strings on this instrument, which is a high end boutique guitar similar to the one James Taylor plays.

The lyrics on this song say it all for me, and others:  Hold Me Jesus, because I'm shaking like a leaf...

I think of my tremors and this song represents that emotion that comes from a movement disorder like the one I have.  Enjoy the video and give me your feedback if you get the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment