Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Friday, June 8, 2012

Fishman Loudbox Mini Exceeds Expectations

Fishman Loudbox Mini PRO-LBX-500 60W 1x6.5 Acoustic Combo Amp  Brown, Top 


Picked up a Fishman Loudbox Mini (LBM) yesterday and I am really excited about the quality and size of this little workhorse.  I was able to get it out the door, tax included, for $299.00, which is unheard of!  My hat is off to Sam Ash Music for making that deal for me.  They saved me $60.00!

I was planning to buy one on Ebay because of the discounted used models, but went to Sam Ash to play through one.  I fell in love and was able to A/B it with the Roland AC60, which for my money is a bit processed sounding.  Don't get me wrong, the Roland AC60 is a great amp as well-- I just felt that it didn't have the pure acoustic sound that the Fishman LBM possessed.

The Fishman LBM is unbelievably clear and gives a real representation of the sound of my Taylor 210ce-G.  It is a remarkably woody, clear sound, with the warmth of the wood, plenty of bass and a polished sound for stage when employing the reverb effect set on 10 o'clock.

I got it home, plugged in a Shure SM58 and my Taylor and starting singing and playing.  I was so surprised at how much volume it could generate in such a small package.  This thing is like gold; all of the reviews I had read were absolutely spot on!

The chorus is a very nice and not cheesy sounding effect.  This amp packs a punch while giving you a sound true to the genuine acoustic nature of your guitar.  Incidentally, I tried my semi-hollow Epiphone Riviera P93 through it and I don't think that guitar sounds as good through my Vox tube amp.  It was warm, balanced and clear as I played through the Fishman LBM.

I am going to recommend this amp wholeheartedly to anyone who would like a compact, light (under 20 lbs.) and high quality acoustic amp that doubles well as a PA.  Having the 60 watts and the ability to fill a good sized small room (coffee house) makes this a great purchase for the $300 it takes to buy it.  -- Guitar Man

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. Bought a used ac60 but took
    It back and changed for the fishman. For me the fishman takes the minimum amount of tweaking to get your guitar to sound like your guitar. Wonderful non-colouring sound to it. Also fishman has independtly assignable reverb on the guitar and vocal channel whereas the ac60 hasn't and whatever reverb level you apply to vocals will also apply to the instrument channel.

    ReplyDelete