Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Friday, January 3, 2014

Blues I am Listening to These Days




I have really been enjoying the guitar and vocals of Joe Bonamassa's album, Blues Deluxe, of late.  This is an album in which versions of Bonamassa's traditional blues are recorded with the intent of paying homage to some of the greatest blues singers/guitarists of all time, and he did it right.  His vocals are outstanding; his guitar work is amazing! Through this album I got to know the music of Bonamassa and it made me want to hear more.  The title song, Blues Deluxe, is incredible and is a cover of the song by the same name that was actually composed by Rod Stewart (yes, that Rod Stewart).

I will write more about this album when I can get back to my blog, but in the meantime, give it a listen.  What I find incredible is that the album version (cover is pictured) is a product of music recorded by a man who was about 26 at the time!  I have posted a video of a live version played four years later, after the album release. Note the soulfulness of Joe's voice, complementing his unbelievable guitar chops! When you hear it, I think you will be truly amazed.  -- Guitar Man

No comments:

Post a Comment