Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Epiphone Riviera P93 Brings Out Best Tube Drive in VHT Special 6


I have been having a great time breaking in my VHT Special 6 Head Amp. The Riviera Custom P93 adds a bit of nice breakup while plugged into this amp. There are no pedals being used but just pure tube sound along with the semi-hollow Epiphone. I am playing a song instrumentally only, with the arrangement being mine. The song is selected as it is my blues style, fashioned through influences such as Albert King, Eric Clapton and BB King. I favor the old blues sound formed in the Delta and popularized in Chicago. Some say I play similarly to T-Bone Walker's style-- he is unbelievably great! -- Guitar Man

3 comments:

  1. Dan...I know nothing about your descriptions, unfortunately. But, it fascinates me to see how you have evolved from the music I heard you playing 25 yrs. ago to your mesmerizing jazz work of today. I'm sure you know that despite being perhaps the greatest rock guitarist in history, Clapton's true love has always been jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS...I meant to say BLUES...NOT JAZZ!! SORRY! That's what happens when you reach my age....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was digging the word "jazz" so that is a-okay with me, friend. Thanks for the kind words. Clapton sure has grown on me as I have focused more and more on blues music. He has a lot to offer. The "Riding with the King" album he did with BB King is a great collection. Can't stop playing it on my iPod. Thanks Mark H!

    ReplyDelete