Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pianist Dudley Moore Fought PSP

Dudley Moore was not only an actor, but you probably know he was a great pianist as well.  He had a horrible disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and eventually died from this affliction.

This video explains what he went through and how his greatest concern was not being able to play the piano at some point.  I found the part about the Musician's Network, called Music for All Seasons, that went into places such as rehabilitation centers to perform very interesting.  It would be great if we could get some blues players and other musicians to take an active role in the Inland Empire of Southern California.  As a disabled person, I would certainly be interested in sharing my music in this way.  Watch this video.  Sad but informative.

2 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking Dan.....I am so grateful that you can still pick that guitar. Keep going pal....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark H! I keep on going and marvel so often that my hands, which betray me with a fork, are better coordinated with my guitar. Thanks for commenting-- I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete