Blues Defined

"Blues, to me, comes from when a person can feel other peopl

"A guy will promise you the world and give you nothin', and that's the blues. "

--Otis Rush
e's pain and is able to articulate it." --Carlos Santana

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fender Champion 600

Thank you to the maker of this informative video, I am able to properly introduce this little honey of an amp! The Fender Champion 600 is a compact guitar amplifier that revives the historic Fender Champ sound and look of over a half century ago.  This reissued Champion 600 is a simple, one volume dial entree in the guitar amplification arena.  A single preamp tube and a single power tube drive the pure Fender sound which features classic cleans, and when turned up to the high end, loads of natural, warm distortion perfect for blues.  I have ordered my mint used version on Ebay.  Mine is coming with mods such as an upgraded Weber Alnico Speaker and 4-5 capacitors replaced to give it even more power and clarity.  I will do a review of mine as soon as it arrives.  Thank goodness I had that old Sterling Silver Elvis Stamp to sell-- it was just gathering dust-- this amp I will play and play.  I can take it anywhere-- the backyard, the garage, the front porch or a friend's house for a jam session. -- Guitar Man

No comments:

Post a Comment